Fetching Knit Along

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

FFO (Finished Fetching Object)

I have new respect for hand models. I nearly melted while my son tried to get the perfect Fetching Foto. (I don't even wear this coat in Florida in the winter.) The pattern was fast and easy to understand. I got a little confused at the bind off. But, when I knit these again, I think I'll tighten it up more around the top of the hand. The pattern calls for some cast ons to creat the picot effect. It was a little loose around the top. Binding off with a smaller needle is another idea.

The Louise Herding Kashmir was a perfect match on size 6 needles, but it comes in 83 yds. The Debbie Bliss is listed at 98 yards, and I'm definitely going to need another skein to finish Fetching "right".


Can't wait to see more colors.

6 Comments:

  • Ohhh.... Pretty!

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 7:28 PM  

  • I love how your first fetching turned out! I am also concerned that my cast on is going to be a little loose around the cuff. I used the cable cast on which is supposed to be tighter but it still seems loose to me. The pattern mentions that it should be about 7 inches around unstreatched which is loose when I place a measuring tape around my wrist. I guess that it is supposed to be a little loose? Great job! :)

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 5:14 AM  

  • When I cast on, I was going to use the cable cast on, but I apparently wasn't coordinated for it, so I used my standard cast on, and I think it looks good, and isn't too loose.

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 11:08 AM  

  • Very very lovely. Striking w/ the black especially.

    By Blogger Eden, at 2:47 PM  

  • Each pair on this site has me ohh-ing and aw-ing! No exception here -what a great red color!

    By Blogger Wendee, at 10:04 AM  

  • love the color! :) I'm making an ihs in that same shade!

    By Blogger g-girl, at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home