Fetching Knit Along

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Finished....and a russian join


I am officially done with my first pair of fetching! :) I ran out of yarn on the second to last row and still had the thumb to go. So much for a one skein project. Luckily, after three months of buying the first one, I was able to find the SAME dye lot at a different AC Moore. Talk about luck!

I also tried the russian join for the first time. Let me just tell you....if you haven't tried it, go Google it now! It is so awesome! You can't even tell where it joins! :) Hope to see other FOs soon.  Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • They are too lush - do you think you'll make more of these and is there anything you'ld change?

    By Blogger vinny, at 12:09 PM  

  • thanks for the tip on the russian join, im going to be trying that today! ive not heard of it before.

    By Blogger vinny, at 4:56 AM  

  • You're welcome! :) I found it on someone else's blog. I probably won't make any more of these simply because I ran out of yarn and I would not want to make them any shorter. I may make them in black for my dbf because he loves them. I will most likely make them with a rib on the botton and keep the cableing on the top.

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 7:50 AM  

  • They really look great!

    By Blogger Wendy DG, at 5:24 AM  

  • I love this color - so pretty. And the subtle sheen is lovely. It really shows off the cables. I'm going to check out the Russian join right away!

    By Blogger Wendee, at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home