Fetching Knit Along

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

One fetching almost finished..


I've done the main of fetching glove one, all that's left is to knit the thumb and weave in ends. I've cast on for glove two, I'm going to knit that one up first before doing the thumbs, just to be sure I have enough yarn. That way if I don't can just do the thumbs in a complementary colour, i have a small part ball of navy merino yarn here that would do the job if necessary.

I'm really pleased with the glove I have done. The pale blue works really well, it really shows up the cable nicely. This was so quick and easy to knit up on dpns, but I do find it hard to keep track of rows, so Id like to learn the magic loop to do both gloves at once and that would ensure both are the exact same length. I think I got this one matching the pattern, we'll soon find out!

It fits quite snugly and it's ever so thick and warm, it's quite amusing really making thick wool gloves in the hottest part of summer, even if they are fingerless. I have some stray debbie bliss cotton silk aran here, do you think that would work for this pattern? It culd make summery gloves for cool evenings after barbecues.. Would I need to alter the pattern at all, i'm not sure that a cotton silk blend would as as stretchy as the cashsoft?

4 Comments:

  • I love the blue!

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 6:40 PM  

  • I knew that blue would look awesome. Yeah, the whole northern hemishere is in a heat wave and we're all knitting gloves. At least they're small. :-)

    By Blogger Wendy DG, at 6:44 PM  

  • My dbf laughed at me because I put on my irish hiking hat, scarf and my new fetching gloves (all cable work) on last night. They are going to look great together when it gets to be less than 100F outside! :) I love the blue color. Nice and fresh.

    By Blogger knitfriendly, at 5:28 AM  

  • Hello everybody, I'm considering joining this KAL, as I saw fetching on knitty and I just HAVE to have a pair! Everyone's here look so gorgeous.. I'm quite new to knitting however, and I'm especially bad at knitting math. This might be a problem because I just measured my wrists which are 5.5 inches round. The fetching gloves have a 7inch finished circumference. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to improve the fit? Thank you all sooo much.

    By Blogger neek, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home