Fetching Knit Along

Sunday, July 09, 2006

You know you have too much yarn when...

you think that you need to go out and buy supplies and can't start a KAL and then double check and not only do you have everything you need, you have three times the amount of yarn that the pattern calls for! I don't have the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran but I realized that this yarn that I bought on sale at AC Moore is almost the exact same yarn. There is less cashmere (6% vs. 12%), has 45% merino wool and 49% Microfiber,but it is the same yardage (this one has 2 more yards) and the gauge is exactly the same. I am going to be good and attempt to use this yarn instead of going out and buying more yarn. I was also happy to find that I had the right size DPNs. I'm all set! Now which color to choose.... Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • oddly enough, because I love green, I prefer the other two colours. The pink may be too light and get dirty easily?

    By Blogger Gina, at 11:47 AM  

  • I have that same sale yarn from AC Moore and want to make these too. Thank you SO much for letting us know the gauge is the same! You just saved me $10 and/or the time of knitting gauge squares. :D

    By Blogger Eden, at 11:53 AM  

  • All three colors are great. Gina may be right about the pink, but it will look beautiful if you're wearing pink or winter white. Have fun!

    By Blogger Wendy DG, at 7:30 PM  

  • I'd have a hard time picking which color to use. You could always make 3 pairs :)

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home