Fetching Knit Along

Thursday, August 24, 2006

All Thumbs

I'm just about finished with my first fetching (note - not my first pair, the first of the pair!) and I'm having some difficulty with, you guessed it, the thumb! I've done it twice now and I can't figure out how it's supposed to work.

I have no trouble picking up the stitches. What I want to know is, should the wrong side (the side that won't show) or the right side be facing me when I knit the thumb? I've done it both ways and I could swear that either way the wrong side of the thumb ended up on the right side of the rest of the piece. And I'm getting frustrated. I thought I would put it down until I heard from someone from this KAL.

2 Comments:

  • In everything I've read, it says to always have the right side facing you.

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 6:38 PM  

  • First: you're picking up and knitting on the right side, yes?
    Second: just treat that waste yarn/picked up edge as if it were the cast on edge and knit as you normally do. If you normally knit witht he right side facing you (which I think is normal) then do so for the thumb.

    By Blogger Michael, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home