Fetching Knit Along

Monday, August 28, 2006

Hello all!


First I want to thank Wendee for commenting on my blog and allowing me to find out about this kal! When I the edition of knitty that sports fetching on the cover first came out, I thought..."Wow, I bet I could do those..." I especially liked the fact that in the write-up it said you could have a completed pair over the course of a weekend..oh and you only need one skein? Marvy. :) The other thing that did it for me was that if I had never cabled before, this would be a perfect place to start!

Here's my completed pair. I know they look different. I don't care. The top one is the one I knitted last. I didn't like the picot bind off that I ended up with in the first one. I didn't like that it caused the yarn to curl upwards. So I just did a regular bind off.

Has anyone tried a different yarn? I know that Wendee posted about trying out the rowan cash soft yarn and I know that is a good substitute because that's what I'm using for my ihs. I'm interested in hearing about the more manly version of fetching too because my fiance wants a pair for himself. I thought maybe cabling all the way up would make it more manly but I'm new to cabling so I really don't know!

I look forward to hearing what you all think!

rhoda




7 Comments:

  • It looks awesome!

    By Blogger Chrissy, at 7:37 PM  

  • Looks great! I think that the plain BO is much better. Not to many seemed happy with the picot BO.

    By Blogger DAWN, at 8:03 AM  

  • thanks ladies! :)

    By Blogger g-girl, at 1:54 PM  

  • Yep - my next pair will be with the regular bind off too. Looks much better. And I adore that cantelope"y" color - so fresh! Nice work! (oh, and welcome aboard!)

    By Blogger Wendee, at 9:25 PM  

  • thanks wendee!

    By Blogger g-girl, at 10:03 PM  

  • I love the color!

    By Blogger Beck, at 5:41 AM  

  • OOOOOOOOh i like the color !

    By Blogger magali, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home