Fetching Knit Along

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Here boy, Fetch

Well, here they are. My two-toned fetching gloves. Here is what happened. My local yarn store was having a Debbie Bliss Merino yarn sale(70% off!!!). So I grabbed two colors thinking, "two gloves for the price of, well, cheap". I came home and began working on the first glove in the blue and suddenly thought, "I seem to be running low on yarn yardage awfully fast,". Well, after the shopping high wore off I realized I bought DB merino not DB cashmerino. The merino is only 78 yards! Opps! so, to make the best of the situation and to not add to my already overweight yarn stash, I came up with the two-toned version. What do you think?
Next pair I will do in a solid color and I don't think I will use the picot bind off (not a big fan of that one). Can't wait to see what your gloves fetch.
Peace~ DAWN (www.wildyarn.blogspot.com)

9 Comments:

  • I like. And what a cute puppy too. Looks almost like it's wearing a sweater ;)

    By Blogger Eden, at 11:06 AM  

  • LOVE the two-toned look. What a lucky mistake :) ADORABLE puppy!

    By Blogger jen, at 11:43 AM  

  • Hey, those are fun! Great solution. And please post what you come up with in lieu of the picot BO - I'm trying to decide what to do about my second pair too!

    By Blogger Wendee, at 12:54 PM  

  • I love how they turned out...and I love that cute puppy too!

    By Blogger Beck, at 2:55 PM  

  • Great idea! Now I know what to do with the extra ball of yarn leftover from making my pair.

    My blog

    By Blogger cgoyer, at 4:01 PM  

  • I love the two tones glove! It worked out really well :0)

    By Blogger Charity, at 7:35 AM  

  • these are so cool!! I hadn't even thought about going two-tone!

    By Blogger g-girl, at 1:56 PM  

  • Love the two-tone, it really highlights the change in pattern.

    By Blogger Ana, at 5:25 AM  

  • i love these colors! So pretty!

    By Blogger Marie, at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home