Fetching Knit Along

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Look Ma, no holes!

I finished my first pair (note, I said first...) of Fetching gloves yesterday. I got a little sidetracked with a "ballband warshrag" but that's a whole different KAL! Thanks again for the comments on how to deal with the holes around the thumb pick-up. A few strategically placed stitches and voila! No holes!

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, color 300503 Pea Green (stashbuster)

Has anyone tried these in a DK weight yarn? I'd like to make these as gifts for a couple of friends, but they both have small hands. As is, these are fine, but I'm thinking this yarn is springy enough that doing down a weight will make them a bit more snug without being too small. Perhaps Rowan Cashsoft DK will be a good substitute. Thoughts?

cheers,

Wendee (www.knittlesticks.blogspot.com)

3 Comments:

  • Nice photo :)

    I would try that DK weight although the cashsoft would be a nice luxurious yarn for a gift. I think the pattern is probably versatile enough that you could try just about anything, so long as it's a yarn that shows off the work.

    By Blogger Eden, at 9:17 AM  

  • I agree. I would go down a size in needles, too. The ribbing is forgiving and if they have small hands it would probably work out nicely. Love the gloves and all the holes in the right places;)

    By Blogger DAWN, at 11:19 AM  

  • I just commented on my post here about the cashsoft..it would be really nice and soft. I wonder if it would curl with the picot bind off though. Let us know what you end up doing! And thanks for introducing me to this kal!

    By Blogger g-girl, at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home