Fetching Knit Along

Friday, August 25, 2006

One down...

I figured out what I was doing wrong...actually, I wasn't really doing anything wrong - just being goofy. So I finished the thumb and one of the pair is done. Here it is:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I would not make a good hand model - I've been a habitual nail biter since childhood! They feel a little loose in the wrist, but maybe if I have a long-sleeve shirt on it won't be like that.

A close-up of the thumb.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's not pretty because I did rip it out twice and start over. Also, some people mentioned having problems with holes. To combat this, I pick up more than the required stitches (this pattern says to pick up 2) and then just knit them together to get the right amount. I did end up with a small hole, but I think that was because of me ripping it out over and over.

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you solved the thumb problem. Your glove looks great. You could try using a smaller set of dpns for the cable part at the wrist is you want it to fit a bit more snug. I think I read someplace that someone else did that.

    By Blogger DAWN, at 6:38 AM  

  • They look comfy and smooshy. Nice! :)

    By Blogger Eden, at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home