Fetching Knit Along

Saturday, August 19, 2006

One (nearly) down!

Hello! Glad to be in the company of fellow Fetching knitters! I'm nearly done with my first Fetching mitt. I'm pleased that I happened to have some Cashmerino Aran (pea green) in my stash from long ago. What a perfect way to put it to use! For some reason I'm having trouble picking up the stiches around the thumb - a small hole has surfaced. Has anyone else come across this or is it operator error? I'm going to hold off on the bind off of the thumb in case I need to frog the thumb. Any suggestions?


Here's a better shot (sans the hole highlight):










I don't think I'll get two gloves out of my ball of yarn. Fortunately I have two balls - and even though the one-skein idea is great, the result is certainly worth the extra ball! Oh, and about the picot bind off - it's sweet, but does roll down a bit. Has anyone had that experience as well?

3 Comments:

  • I finished my first mitt a couple of days ago and I had the hole, too. I just left a long tail after the thumb bind off and closed it up. Totally gone. The picot bind off does roll (yuck). When I make my next pair I'm changing that part. Looks great, by the way (and I agree about the extra ball for safety measures).

    By Blogger DAWN, at 11:26 AM  

  • Yeah I would just try to do some fancy closing. I've always found that knitted gloves and mittens have a hole in that spot (I'm talking ones I bought at the store).

    I'm knitting the Knucks from the same issue of Knitty before I start the Fetching and it has the same issue at the same spot. I think it's just the nature of the beast & nothing you did.

    By Blogger Eden, at 6:37 PM  

  • Thanks for the tips ladies! I'm off to BO and start the second glove!

    By Blogger Wendee, at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home