Fetching Knit Along

Friday, September 22, 2006

Addicted to fetching!


So, this was two days ago, and now I am up to the thumb hole... I am so confused. This is the first time that I have knitted on dpn's, so I think this is going really well. I really hope that I can figure out the thumb because I want to finish this one, and the mate before Monday morning. I really want to wear them to work!!! I am using a varigated yarn - which is not so great for cables. I will probably make another pair in a solid color.

1 Comments:

  • The thumb puzzled me for 3 days!! I woke up at 4 a.m. one morning from a deep sleep grabbed my needles and did it!

    After row 18 in ribbing, drop your working yarn and use your waste (or exra piece of different colored yarn) and KNIT the first 7 stitches. Then slip these 7 (different colored stitches) back onto the needle in your left hand and drop the waste yarn and pick up the main yarn again. KNIT all seven stitches with the main color and then continue in the rib patten till the end and continue with the patten instructions.

    When it comes time to do the thumb, you have 7 different colored stitches that you will undo and then slip the live main colored stitches onto working needles.

    Basically, I was reading into the patten when I was first doing it and trying to make it much more difficult than what it is. If you read it and do it EXACTLY as it says, it is pretty simple. I really hope that helps. If not, let me know and I'll try to clairify it even more. Good luck!!

    By Blogger DAWN, at 5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home