Fetching Knit Along

Friday, September 22, 2006

Finished Fetching

It was so quick from CO to BO I barely remember knitting them.

Finished Fetching

I knit the second glove over the last two nights while watching the Andy Warhol documentary on PBS's "American Masters." My gloves are dedicated to the memory of my fellow western Pennsylvanian, Andy.

I do think I printed the pattern incorrectly or missed something b/c my cuffs seem to be missing a cable twist compared to everyone else's and I have a little bit of leftover yarn. I used Debbie Bliss's cashmerino in evergreen. I think I'll make them again in a brighter color, like a pink. This is a lovely pattern!

5 Comments:

  • Yay! Way to go Eden. Between these and your Knucks, your hands will be toasty all winter! Well, at least the palms and wrists anyway :)

    By Blogger Wendee, at 8:22 PM  

  • Eden, your gloves are great--I love that deep green. About the cables, you probably just read the pattern wrong. When I did my first pair I ripped it out twice because I kept getting 2 cables instead of 3. I finally wrote it out myself as I read it and it goes like this:

    Rib Row
    Cable Row
    Rib Row
    Cable Row
    Rib Row
    Cable Row
    then 18 rounds of Rib Row
    ETC. . .

    Hope that helps if you make a second (or 3rd, 4th. . .) pair.

    By Blogger DAWN, at 5:11 AM  

  • My problem was that the version I printed out was missing a line:

    Work 4 rounds in 4x1 Rib.

    Cable Round: [C4B, p1] to end.

    Work 5 rounds in 4x1 Rib.

    Work Cable Round.

    Repeat these 6 rounds once more.

    So my "six rounds" began with the next cable round, then I actually knit 23 rows of the ribbing pattern ;) I wondered why it didn't just say "work 23 rows ribbing pattern" and now I know.

    By Blogger Eden, at 9:18 AM  

  • How pretty! I love the color and the photo! :D

    By Blogger Marie, at 4:15 PM  

  • what a great picture! your gloves are gorgeous!

    By Blogger g-girl, at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home