Fetching Knit Along

Monday, September 04, 2006

Two pairs done



I've really enjoyed making these fingerless gloves. They're surprisingly easy and look much more complicated than they are. I made the Navy pair for my mum and the Lilac for myself. The Navy ones feature the picot bind off. Sadly, while I was finishing the second glove of the Lilac pair I ran out of yarn so had to unknit the top five rows of the first glove then bind off normally. Despite the initial panic, I think the Lilac pair have turned out really well so all was not lost. I've got three more balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran so will make a few more pairs since they knit up so quickly.

6 Comments:

  • I think they are lovely. I just LOVE the DB cashmerino aran, but it does use up all the yarn. I'm going to join the KAL too, since I've completed one pair and am into another. Thanks for sharing yours.

    By Blogger Michele, at 6:14 PM  

  • They look great (even with the modifications). I used a different yarn for my first pair so I didn't run into the yarn shortage, but I am making a pair in the said yarn and am crossing my fingers for success.

    By Blogger DAWN, at 6:08 AM  

  • Ooooh I like the lilac especially. It shows off the work.

    By Blogger Eden, at 8:23 AM  

  • nice! I like the navy ones. :)

    By Blogger g-girl, at 8:43 PM  

  • So fun to see all the colors that everyone has chosen. Pretty, pretty! Nice job!

    By Blogger Wendee, at 1:27 PM  

  • I like the lilac color, nice job!
    bye

    By Blogger magali, at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home