Fetching Knit Along

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The directions were right...


I did indeed get the yarn after work on Friday (ok, out of my stash, but still!) and these little beauties are ready to go for tomorrow's commute! I used some Classic Elite Lush #4415 that I got on remainder last spring at Purl and that I'd completely forgotten about. I really enjoyed this pattern a lot, although the thumb was slightly tricky. I somehow need to figure out how to do this better on the next pair. On the left hand I stupidly did a knit cast on: You'll notice that it's curling at the bottom,hopefully blocking will take care of that. I did the recommended cable cast on (which happens to be my favorite cast on anyway) on the right hand and you can see what a nice edge it gives. Live and learn to read the directions more closely is the take home message! I love this pattern and can't wait to try it in the recommended yarn.

2 Comments:

  • What a lovely colour that is! It's one of those colours I'd personally never wear for a bigger garment, but on (in?) these gloves it's just right. I'm getting obsessed with this pattern... It's good to see I'm not the only one thinking "and for my next pair..."

    I have to admit, I just used my regular cast-on, aka the double cast-on. I thought the cable cast-on directions were just for the picot edging...

    By Blogger EGJ, at 12:46 AM  

  • Yes, "my next pair" is going to be in some Jo Sharp Silk road that I happen to have a ton of!

    By Blogger The_Add_Knitter, at 3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home