Fetching Knit Along

Friday, October 06, 2006

Fetching on the small side

So I was up until here last night, and all looked well and neat:



It looked short, so I tried it on:



To me, this is a little too stretched and short. So it looks as though I'll unravel it and start again (not a problem, as this is such a quick knit, I decided not to knit a swatch since the first glove could easily fill this function). The question is though, should I add five more stitches or should I go up a needle size? What do you think? The yarn is a 4-ply cashmere.

//EGJ

5 Comments:

  • I think maybe you should add 5 more stitches. I think if you went up a needle, there might be more holes. Such a shame that you have to frog them though!

    By Blogger g-girl, at 3:24 PM  

  • Yeah, I think you're right. I must remember to add a couple of rounds to the length as well...

    By Blogger EGJ, at 1:52 AM  

  • After the thumb I did 8 rounds instead of 4 I also added length to the thumbe because that seemed short to me too.

    By Blogger DAWN, at 6:05 AM  

  • so how are they coming along now? :)

    By Blogger g-girl, at 9:55 AM  

  • They're not even on the needles yet... I decided to finish the fish scarf before casting on again (should be soon though, since I've only got another 13 cm to go...).

    By Blogger EGJ, at 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home