Fetching Knit Along

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Finished Beachcombers



I have been waiting to post the finished picture since I thought I'd somehow find time to go down to the beach and take the pictures, but alas, that is not to be. I am quite happy with the result, although the thumbs came out weird, I'll see if I fix it sometime or just let it be. It's not visible in this pic.

Just need to find a store that sells the recommended Debbie Bliss yarn for the four I'm planning as yule gifts. I like to experiment, but I usually don't with gifts, besides, I seem to have run out of "odd balls" in my stash. What a stashbuster this pattern is!

//EGJ

8 Comments:

  • great color combo! they look really good!

    By Blogger g-girl, at 1:33 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger princesspumpkin, at 4:46 PM  

  • What yarn did you use? Is it just me or did you twist your K stitches? It looks great.

    By Blogger princesspumpkin, at 4:56 PM  

  • Hmm, I don't think so? How do you mean?

    I did however knit it all in "combination knitting", because, well, that's the way I was taught by my grandmother and mother, and in comparison I've always thought all other methods look over-complicated. But then I'm a leftie, too (another reason perhaps, why it might look different?).

    I used left-overs: a 4-ply cashmere yarn from Christel Seyfarth (brownish) and a Cotton Sport yarn from Almedahls (blue). I added the Cotton Sport yarn after worrying that I might not have enough of the cashmere yarn for two complete gloves.

    By Blogger EGJ, at 12:43 AM  

  • I meant did you knit into the back of the stitch rather than the front? That makes the stitches crossover. Probably just my bad eyesight - looks great though.

    What's combination knitting?

    I always wished I could knit left-handed cos I'm a leftie too but I was taught by a right-handed person.

    By Blogger princesspumpkin, at 2:24 AM  

  • Yeah, I think I know what you mean by twisted stitches - they're not though since I always knit into the back of the stitch, not arbitrarily, if that makes sense.

    Annie Modesitt illustrates it best at her site:
    http://www.anniemodesitt.com/knit.html

    By Blogger EGJ, at 3:44 AM  

  • Love the colours!

    By Blogger musta lammas, at 2:06 PM  

  • Oh, love the color changes - there are so many cool change-ups to do to this pattern!

    By Blogger peaknits, at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home