Fetching Knit Along

Friday, October 27, 2006

First Fetching and Mini Fetching

Hi everyone,
This is my first post in the KAL. I've already made a few pair of fetching- these are first and second pairs I made.



The larger pair are knitted using the normal fetching pattern and DB Cashmerino Aran. The smaller pink ones were knitted with DB Cashmerino DK on 2.5mm needles. They are 11cm long and fit a 5 year old child.
I really like this pattern, it's nice and quick but interesting too.



This was my first time knitting cables- it wasn't as bad as I thought, in fact I quite enjoyed it. Seems like a good pattern to try out cables on.
I'm thinking about trying to make a matching hat. Has anyone else done this?

6 Comments:

  • i adore the mini-fetching you made! how did you go about adjusting the pattern?

    By Blogger g-girl, at 5:14 PM  

  • I was planning to make a matching headband, like an earwarmer. It would be an easy hat to make, just CO a multiple of 5 ;)

    By Blogger Eden, at 7:37 PM  

  • To make the mini ones I used DK weight wool instead of Aran weight and smaller needles (2.5mm). I used that size because it's a bit smaller than the usual size for DK yarn. I wanted the thicker fabric like you get with the aran yarn on smaller needles in the original fetching. I followed the pattern exactly, CO 45 sts everything the same.
    Apologies if that doesn't make a whole lot of sense- I need coffee!

    By Blogger pinkphish, at 2:54 AM  

  • The child's fetchings are precious indeed. Personally, I find the Fetching pattern so elegant I'd wear a beret with them. A Fetching-style beret? Now there's an idea...

    By Blogger EGJ, at 1:11 PM  

  • hmmm, so you just changed the yarn and the needles? that sounds simple enough! Thanks!

    By Blogger g-girl, at 4:35 PM  

  • Those mini fetchings are adorable!

    By Blogger Wendee, at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home