Fetching Knit Along

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Newbie`s first post

Hello all!

I`m a Finnish novice knitter. I`m excited to join this KAL and share my love for the pattern since I haven`t found that many Fetching enthusiasts among Finnish bloggers.

Here`s the first pair I`ve knit, modeled by my Mum:



Unfortunately my LYS doesn`t sell Debbie Bliss yarns, but I found some nice Rowan yarn instead: RY Cashmerino Aran (it`s 57% extra fine merino, 33% microfibre and 10% cashmere). I love the feel of the yarn, it`s real soft, and I also love the colour (it`s called 'bud'). (Unfortunately it`s a tad too expensive for a student to buy in large quantities.)

What I really like about the pattern is that it`s easy and quick to knit, but the result is so nice! This was my first time ever knitting cables, but definitely not the last. Somehow the thought of an extra needle (I heard about knitting cables WITHOUT an extra needle only last week) made it sound really difficult, though it turned out to be relatively easy. I`d really like to make a cabled scarf next.





I`m not done with Fetching yet: my friend saw my mitts and hinted she`d like a pair for Christmas - which is great, since I was going to knit her some anyway. And I think I need a second pair for myself...

More about my Fetching in my blog.

5 Comments:

  • Love the color & the photos. Nice :)

    By Blogger Eden, at 6:16 PM  

  • Wonderful colour and apples! ;-)

    I can't seem to find the Debbie Bliss yarn anywhere in Sweden either, but I might just try this Rowan yarn for the gloves I plan as gifts. I completely agree with you about this pattern - I was a novice myself to cables (well, I had knitted half a Besotted scarf and finished my Fisherman's Friend scarf before my second pair of Fetching - you could say I'm a convert), and I do appreciate how fast, wonderful and elegant these gloves come out.

    By Blogger EGJ, at 12:49 AM  

  • Perfect contrast between the red apples and green gloves. Well done!

    By Blogger princesspumpkin, at 2:20 AM  

  • Thanks! :)

    By Blogger musta lammas, at 2:01 PM  

  • Beautiful shade of green, leave it to Rowan to have the killer colors!

    By Blogger The_Add_Knitter, at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home