Fetching Knit Along

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thanks for letting me join

This is my first knit along, but my second pair of Fetching. My first ones looked like this:



Knitted with two strands of mohair, they're a bit bulky but I like the dramatic look of them.

Now, I've cast on for my second pair in a 100% cashmere yarn from Christel Seyfarth. The colour is "nature brown", and the stitch definition (well, at least in comparison to the mohair) is superb. So far, I've knitted the first three cable turns on the right glove and it looks a wee bit small, but here's hoping it'll turn out alright...

//EGJ

3 Comments:

  • They stretch quite a bit due to the ribbing so I bet they will be fine. The mohair ones are really warm, I imagine.

    By Blogger DAWN, at 5:07 AM  

  • They are, but I have freakishly cold hands (even though I've never been a smoker) and live in a northern clime, so it suits me fine. Tried them out recently on a nightly walk in central Scotland, and they were perfect, better than any I've owned before (I've only ever knit one pair of gloves before, so I'm still a bit dazzled by the experience! ;-)).

    By Blogger EGJ, at 6:35 AM  

  • i had never thought to use mohair! they look great! :)

    By Blogger g-girl, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home