Fetching Knit Along

Wednesday, November 01, 2006


After completing two pairs in other yarns, I now see why the pattern calls for the DB Cashmerino Aran. It's a dream and the definition on the stitches is beautiful. Sadly, however, I gambled and lost as I ran out of yarn about three rows before the picot bind off and had to scramble to substitute some yarn from the stash. Surprisingly it's not noticeable, but I was still annoyed, mainly at myself for only buying one skein. Live and learn... But I love the pattern and am sure that I have not made my last pair of these beauties!

2 Comments:

  • Wow, that's a gorgeous red colour - and I love the co-ordinating nail polish! :-) I do wish I could get hold of the DB yarn, it's seemed pretty futile so far, but I'm going up to Stockholm next weekend, where there's a store that supposedly stocks DB, so I might get hold of it yet!

    I wonder how many Fetchings you need to knit to get your fill?

    By Blogger EGJ, at 11:52 AM  

  • Yeah, I really can`t tell you had to use another yarn for the bind off. The colour makes them seem extra warm!

    By Blogger musta lammas, at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home