Fetching Knit Along

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

yet another first pair


Here's mine:

I changed the pattern a bit... I added an extra cable at the end because mine came out too short (I'm not sure why) and I wanted the gloves to cover my knuckles. At first I feared that adding a couple extra rows on one glove might result in having to buy another skein of yarn to finish the second, but I actually have some yarn left over. I also just bound off regularly because I didn't like the way the opening flares out with the picot bind off.

I'm planning on knitting another pair in light blue for my sister, and red for my roommate.

7 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger princesspumpkin, at 8:11 PM  

  • Hey those pics look awfully similar to mine. :)

    I like the idea of the added length. Mine were definitely not long enough.

    By Blogger princesspumpkin, at 8:13 PM  

  • I added length to my Fetching too, as well as the ones I knit for a friend. I haven`t yet woven in the yarn ends on the second pair, so maybe I`ll change the picot edge bind off to normal, too - have been having problems with the upper edge rolling.

    By Blogger musta lammas, at 3:07 PM  

  • I love them! I added length to mine by increasing the 18 rows of k4p1 to 22 rows. I also found the bind off not suiting so I ssk'd all around! It's a great technique to make sure it isn't too tight.

    By Blogger Rae, at 10:12 PM  

  • Your modifications look great! I think I will try knitting a pair the same way soon. Thanks for the tip!

    By Blogger Tokyo Knitter, at 6:48 PM  

  • I just finished my first one (a gift) and love the pattern but I thought I'd need to modify it a bit for my pair. I have been thinking of different ways to tweak the pattern and really like how your came out. Lovely.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 5:45 AM  

  • Snap I made exactly the same modifications but only did 2 more rows after the extra cable row to reduce the 'flare' out even more. They are now just how I want them. What is the point if they don't keep your knuckles warm?

    By Blogger maylin, at 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home