Fetching Knit Along

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A fetching present




This pair has actually been almost done since October, but before weaving in the ends (in December - it only took me something like six weeks from the date I cast off to really finish them...) I made a change from the picot edge bo to the regular bo to avoid the top opening flaring out. I still think the picot edge bo is prettier, though!



These were a Christmas/birthday present for a friend, who hinted she`d like her own pair back in October when she saw my Fetching. The yarn is Austermann`s Inka-Color with 70% alpaca and 30% wool. These are really warm and snuggly, and I think the longer cuff (also requested by aforementioned friend) is more practical for winter (in Finland anyway). I have to make myself a pair with a longer cuff too. Plus, these are such an instant gratification kind of project!* I think I need that.

Here
in my blog more about these and the changes I made.


*If you don`t put off weaving in the ends, that is.

3 Comments:

  • I really like that color. Nice work.

    By Blogger Wendy DG, at 4:42 PM  

  • Wonderful colour! The high alpaca content really makes them look soft and luscious. I like your changes too - although I agree with you that the picot bo is prettier. The second pair I made doesn't flare out either, but then I think I didn't quit follow the instruction there (or maybe I got confused the first time).

    Do you have winter in Finland this year? I thought global warming had generally cancelled that out in most of the Nordic countries. Winter is so depressing without snow...

    By Blogger EGJ, at 6:04 AM  

  • I had trouble with the picot BO, so I did the regular BO, but I am finding that it's curling down. Anyone have suggestions for an easy BO? I'm a beginner!

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home