Fetching Knit Along

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Pride and Prejudice Fetching

Every time I knit this pattern I get new ideas and inspiration. I am starting to suspect there is some magic involved... Anyway, I've knitted my most straight-forward Fetchings to date, a pair for my aunt's birthday. I cast on Friday and knitted straight through the BBC/A&E Pride and Prejudice mini series. This colourway, incidentally, seems to be taken straight out of that. I didn't quite make it for the birthday party Saturday - I finished the thumb on the second glove this morning. This however gave me the opportunity of taking some proper pictures of the second glove, rather than just the mobile shots of the first and the second-in-making:









I used Garnstudio's Silke-Alpaca in colourway 7120, used the double cast-on (I really should have gone with the cable cast-on though - next time), and did a regular bind-off because I thought my aunt would probably appreciate that better. I still like the picot bind-off for myself though. The yarn, I can report, was an excellent substitution. I used approx. 1 and 1/3 skein, maybe a little more. I also added another round to the thumb.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home